Wednesday: Got up, packed up and left NC. We traveled to Kettering, Ohio, the home of pro skater Rob Dyrdek. There we went to the Rob Dyrdek/DC Shoe Skate Plaza, took some pics, and Myles skated a little. It was a really nice skate park, very big with lots of ledges, stairs and anything else a skater would want. We then traveled a few more hours and stayed in Bowling Green Ohio for the night. They had a nice little hot tub and we all decided to go relax in it after a stressful car ride. Everyone being cramped up for many hours in a little car can get a little crazy, but thats to be expected. So needless to say, the hot tub was very relaxing and we were all feeling a little better after that.
Thursday: We left Bowling Green Ohion and continued driving for about 3 hours to Lake Orion Michigan where Aunt Kelly and Uncle Marty live. We finally arrived, had a little tour of the house then went out and had mexican food for lunch! YUM. I def enjoyed it. haha So after that we just hung out, went to some little thirft stores and then came back and chilled at the house, cooked dinner, and watched a movie.
Friday: This was the jam-packed day of FUN and excitment. So we all got up early, and we left to go explore the big city of Detroit. First we went into a little back alley to see "Detroit's Disneyland." Someone had created a massive structure in their yard, using old salvaged materials and it looked a little like an amusement park. That was pretty exciting for the first stop.
The next part turned out to be my most favorite part of the trip: Heidelberg Street. This was an amazing place where artist Tyree Guyton had turned old vacant lots into intense salvaged art pieces. There is really no other way to describe than through pics, so here are a few. And please be sure to visit the website to learn more about it! It is a great cause. www.heidelberg.org Oh and we actually met the artist and he asked me to particpate in one of the new projects so that was the highlight of the trip for me.
Me with the Artist behind it all Tyree Guyton. Awesome Guy!
So that was definitely the event of the whole trip for me. But after that we ate some delicious barbecue at Slow's, checked out some cool antique and thirft stores, saw Comerica park where the Detroit Tigers play, and even saw canada across the river. All in all it was a great day!
Saturday: We slept in a little and got a late start then hit the most amazing garage sale ever, I thought we would have to get a U-haul to bring everything back. When we got back from all that excitment we had a nice little lunch then went and hung out at the lake for a little while. I swam in like the 2 degree water. It was SOOOO cold, but kinda refreshing. So yeah then we came back to the house and chilled. Then when it got dark we went out got a gummy bear cyclone (def an off brand blizzard ice cream shake) and watched fireworks in a parking lot for a little while.
Sunday: We drove home and now I am here writing this blog to you people.
It was a great trip and I enjoyed all of it.
Oh and one more thing... today marks the one month anniversary of Doug and I being together. It has been a fabulous month and I look forward to many, many, many, many, more. :D I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend, he is fabulous. Anyway I need to get ready for bed, babysitting tomorrow! FUN FUN!
Goodnight! <3
Saturday: We slept in a little and got a late start then hit the most amazing garage sale ever, I thought we would have to get a U-haul to bring everything back. When we got back from all that excitment we had a nice little lunch then went and hung out at the lake for a little while. I swam in like the 2 degree water. It was SOOOO cold, but kinda refreshing. So yeah then we came back to the house and chilled. Then when it got dark we went out got a gummy bear cyclone (def an off brand blizzard ice cream shake) and watched fireworks in a parking lot for a little while.
Sunday: We drove home and now I am here writing this blog to you people.
It was a great trip and I enjoyed all of it.
Oh and one more thing... today marks the one month anniversary of Doug and I being together. It has been a fabulous month and I look forward to many, many, many, many, more. :D I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend, he is fabulous. Anyway I need to get ready for bed, babysitting tomorrow! FUN FUN!
Goodnight! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment