Thursday, January 13, 2011

Interrupted Program.

So my rant of the day is television vs music.  Don't get me wrong I have my various programs that I enjoy watching on TV such as, the news, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, LA Ink, Jersey Shore and a few others, but after I watch those, the attention switches back to music.  I have a serious problem with idling televisions.  If the TV is just on and no one is watching it or pay attention to it, why have it on in the first place? That is seriously on of my biggest pet peeves in the world. I don't really love TVs in general though, I don't have one in my bedroom at home in Durham or in my bedroom in my apartment. So obviously I am NOT one of those people that needs to leave the TV on to fall asleep, in fact, I usually can't go to sleep with a TV on. In general, it can be some what of a time waster, distracting, and brain killer, which I guess one could argue that being on my laptop right now or listening to music is the same thing.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions though. It could also have to do with my music addiction, I am constantly listening to music unless I am asleep or in class.  Seriously, from the moment I wake up I turn on the music choice channel and have it playing ALL day, I turn it off when I go to class and such, but as soon as I walk through the door I turn it back on.  I just can't go without it.  I wonder if this has anything to do with living alone, I have always listened to music constantly in the past, but when you live with others and have a roommate there are sometimes other things going on and you have to turn the music off.  Now that I live on my own I can have it on all the time and no one can tell me to turn it off.  I could also be giving myself piece of mind and have music playing constantly so that I don't hear any bumps or thumps that may scare me to death. (Did I mention I am super paranoid, and even more so now?) haha... Music also allows me to set the mood of how I am feeling, upbeat, tired, optimistic, emo, gangster, mainstream and more. Music is so amazing, it fits with every occasion and is always fulfilling. All and all, the moral of the story is music > television.  The End.

No comments: