Wednesday, February 9, 2011

22.

So, in my last few hours of being 21 years old I am sitting here crying.  Not because I am depressed or upset about getting older or anything, but for an extremely different reason.  I was just browsing through some old pics and I found my pictures from my birthday last year.  As soon as I saw that photograph with me, papa and grandaddy I burst into tears.  I miss grandaddy so much. It is still so hard to believe that he is not here. It has only been about 6 months but it is so hard to grasp. I know that he is in a much better place, but it is so hard to let go of the ones that you love.  

Grandaddy was so special to me, and we have so many amazing memories.  I know that this summer when we finally go back to the lake (where would basically spend our summers as children with grandma and grandaddy) it will be so different and so hard without him.  I remember as a child, we would drive down there in the truck, listening to oldies music, stop at Hardees for hot dogs and strawberry milk shakes then proceed to the lake.  Those were without a doubt some of the best times of my life, I cherish those memories so much, I just wish we were able to make more.  

I wish Grandaddy and Aunt Kak could be here when I graduate from college this year.  They were both so proud of me and I know they wanted to be there. I miss them both so much, and I know that they will be looking down on me when I graduate and during all the other special times in my life. 

I love and miss you Grandaddy and Aunt Kak. 
<3 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nicely written, I am very happy that you have so many happy memories of time with Dad, he loved spending time with the grandchildren so much. You all were and always will be very special to Dad. Peace be with you. Love you more than you know.