"Sometimes love comes around (love comes around, love comes around)
and it knocks you down
just get back up
when it knocks you down (knocks you down)
Sometimes love comes around
and it knocks you down
just get back up
when it knocks you down (knocks you down)"
So this song has been very inspirational for me lately. It's so true, and right to the point. Love does come around, in many different ways, and when, not IF, WHEN it knocks you down, just get back up. I feel like it has come around many times and EVERY time it has knocked me down. There has to be a time when it doesn't knock me down, or either it knocks me down in a good way. So far all of the knock downs have been bad, but those experiences are just making me stronger as a person and helping me to figure out exactly what I want in life. There is NO reason to lower my standards just so some random guy can fit the mold of perfect man. Nope, my standards will stay where they are, and if you don't fit or if you screw up and make me angry, eh oh well, that's your loss not mine! That's honestly how I feel about it. I mean yeah its sad to have to ditch another guy because he couldn't live up to my expectations and moral values but is it really that difficult to find a guy that isn't crazy? I just want someone that has moral values like myself, with a strong christian background, is that really so much to ask for? I don't think so, I just haven't found the right person yet. But yeah back to the knocks you down lyrics... So the way I see it, there is no reason for me to go into a deep depression and think that I am ugly or not worthy of having a bf or something just because one guy is defective (or a few guys.) haha It just means that they aren't compatible with my high moral standards, so no need to down myself when I'm not really losing anything. Moving away from the guy I was talking to that has let me down is just freeing me from the grip of someone that I am not compatible with and have very different views from. It is funny how someone will say some things but their actions portray a COMPLETELY different thing. And people always take me for being dumb like I am not going to figure out what they are doing when I am not around.... WRONG, I am very sneaky and smart, and I know what is going on. So to anyone and everyone, goodluck getting anything by me, I will figure you out eventually, if it works for a little while, don't get too comfortable, because it won't last for long.
So, I cut like 9 inches off my hair Saturday, and I feel like it has given me a new confidence. I was really worried about it, because it is so different but I read some stuff on the internet and apparently if you cut your hair fairly short it portrays a very confident and brave person. And honestly that is how I am feeling lately, I feel like I can't really be stopped, ok so the guy I really liked turned out to be a complete dud, OH well, I have new confidence and a great new look. I am also really enjoying all the compliments! I have gotten so many just in the past two days and it just really makes me feel great about myself.
Well I think that is about it for now, can't wait to finish these exams up and be home for the summer! YAY!
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment